The Z3 M Roadster is a really cool car, taking an already exciting rear-wheel drive convertible and adding extra power, additional performance upgrades, and improved styling. plus a mandatory manual transmission. This M Roadster is especially cool for a few reasons, like the fact that it's largely unmodified – which is getting hard to find – and that it's finished in gorgeous Estoril Blue Metallic in combination with an Estoril Blue and black Nappa leather interior. Other benefits include relatively low mileage and a clean, accident-free Carfax report, which gives the next owner some peace of mind.
THIS... is a 1998 BMW M Roadster, finished in Estoril Blue Metallic with a black soft top and an Estoril Blue and black interior.
- The attached Carfax history report indicates no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this car's past.
- Factory equipment includes 17-inch Style 40 alloy wheels, a limited-slip differential, heated sport seats, an M leather steering wheel, power windows, a Harman/Kardon sound system, and a power-operated soft top. The sole modification is a Pioneer amplifier.
- Based on the Z3, the M Roadster made its debut in 1998 with a more powerful engine shared with the E36 M3, a sportier suspension, and wider wheel arches, among other changes. It was immediately celebrated as one of the best driver's cars on the market and further expanded the M brand's presence and reputation in North America.
- Power comes from the 3.2-liter "S52" straight-6 engine, which produces 240 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque. Output is sent to the rear wheels via a 5-speed manual transmission.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 17-inch Style 40 alloy wheels
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Limited-slip differential
- Power-operated soft top
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Heated sport seats
- M leather steering wheel
- Harman/Kardon sound system
- Power windows
- Rock chips on hood and front bumper
- Scratches on the front bumper
- Scratches on passenger's front fender
- Scratches on the driver's rear quarter panel
- Scratches on wheels
- Creases on driver's seat
- Crease on passenger seat bolsters
- Wear on gear knob
- Scratches on interior plastic trim
Recent Service History
Service entries in the Carfax history report indicate that the following maintenance has been performed:
- August 2021 (61,850 miles): 50,000-mile service performed, oil and filter changed
- September 2020 (61,497 miles): Oil and filter changed, body lubricated
- July 2019 (60,163 miles): Alignment checked, four tires mounted, tires rotated, tire condition and pressure checked
- September 2018 (59,456 miles): Drive belts replaced, oil and filter changed
- August 2017 (57,950 miles): Fluids checked, oil and filter changed
The selling dealer reports that the following additional maintenance has been performed, but no service documentation is available:
- September 2021 (61,853 miles): Power steering lines replaced and driver's and passenger's seat bushings replaced
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Owner's manual
- Wind deflector
- Factory amplifier
The selling dealer acquired this BMW in 2021 and has driven it minimally since.
The selling dealer states that there is a $125 dealer service fee. Please contact the selling dealer directly with any questions.