The Z3 M Roadster is a seriously cool car, taking an already exciting, rear-wheel drive convertible and making it even more exciting with extra power, other performance upgrades, and improved styling. This M Roadster is especially cool for a few reasons, like the fact that it's unmodified -- which is getting hard to find -- and that it's finished in gorgeous Dakar Yellow, which is just plain cool. It's also a Southern-owned car with reasonably low mileage, and I'm thrilled to have it on Cars & Bids.
THIS... is a 2000 BMW M Roadster, finished in Dakar Yellow with a black soft top and a black interior.
- The attached Carfax history report indicates this M Roadster was registered in Florida and Georgia until 2020, when it moved to Pennsylvania.
- According to the build sheet pictured in the photo gallery, this M Roadster came equipped with 17-inch "Style 40" alloy wheels, a power-folding soft top, a limited-slip rear differential, Nappa leather upholstery, heated sport seats, a Harman/Kardon audio system, and more as detailed below.
- Based on the Z3, the M Roadster made its debut in 1998 with a more powerful engine shared with the E36 M3, a sportier suspension, and wider wheel arches, among other changes. It was immediately celebrated as one of the best driver's cars on the market and further expanded the M brand's presence and reputation in North America.
- Power comes from an "S52" 3.2-liter inline-6, rated at 240 horsepower and 236 lb-ft of torque. Output is shuttled to the rear wheels through a 5-speed manual transmission.
- A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment is shown below:
- 17-inch "Style" 40 alloy wheels
- Limited-slip rear differential
- Power-folding soft top
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Heated sport seats
- M multifunction steering wheel
- Automatic climate control
- Harman/Kardon audio system
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC) system
- The attached Carfax history report indicates two accidents. The first was a collision with another vehicle in November 2014; damage was reported on the front of the car at an estimated cost of less than $500. The second incident occurred in June 2018 and resulted in damage to the left side, with the car being towed.
- The seller reports that the front bumper and driver's door have been repainted.
- Some stone chips on the front bumper, hood, and mirror caps
- Some curb rash and worn finish on the wheels
- Wear on the driver's seat upholstery
- Roll hoop close-out panels missing
- Some underbody plastics scratched and damaged
Recent Service History
The seller reports that the most recent maintenance was an engine oil change in April 2021, and he adds that the tires are new, though no documentation is included.
Other Items Included in Sale
The selling dealer has added minimal mileage since purchasing the car in April 2021.