THIS… is a 2001 BMW M Roadster, finished in Black Sapphire Metallic with a Black soft top and Black leather interior.
- The attached Carfax vehicle history report shows no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this M Roadster's past. It also shows that it's been registered mostly in Washington since new.
- The odometer on this M Roadster currently displays approximately 65,600 miles.
- Factory equipment on this M Roadster includes heated seats, Harman/Kardon audio system, and a power-operated soft top.
- Modifications are limited to the addition of Koni shocks and struts, polyurethane subframe mounts, an Integral 81S subwoofer, and smoked front signal reflectors.
- Parts receipts are pictured in the photo gallery, and the seller reports that within the last year, the VANOS system has been rebuilt, the valves were shimmed and adjusted, the front brake calipers were rebuilt, the wheels were refinished, and stainless steel brake lines were added among other service items as detailed below.
- BMW built 8,939 units of the "S52"-powered M Roadster between 1998 and 2000, according to the BMW M Registry. 1,565 additional cars were manufactured from 2001 to 2002 with the newer "S54" engine, bringing the total to 10,504.
- Power comes from the "S54" 3.2-liter inline-6 engine, which produces 333 horsepower and 262 lb-ft of torque. Power is delivered to the rear wheels through a 5-speed manual gearbox.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- Heated seats
- Harman/Kardon audio system
- Cruise control
- M sport steering wheel
- Power-operated soft top
- Koni Yellow shocks and struts
- Polyurethane subframe mounts
- Stainless steel brake lines
- Integral 81S subwoofer
- Smoked front reflectors
- Chips on the hood (pictured in the photo gallery)
- Wear on the driver's seat's outer bolster
- Broken lower front grille
- Blemish on soft top (pictured in the gallery)
Recent Service History
Parts receipts are provided in the photo gallery along with a maintenance log. The seller reports that the following maintenance items have been performed:
- March 2021: Front brake pistons rebuilt, brake pads and rotors replaced, stainless steel brake lines on all four corners, Prince wheel refinish, radiator fan replaced, oil and differential fluid changed
- January 2021: VANOS rebuilt, valve shims replaced, spark plugs replaced, valve cover gasket replaced, AC idler and belt replaced, and steering shaft replaced
- August 2020: Inner and outer tie rods replaced, subframe bushings replaced, Koni struts and shocks installed
- June 2020: Rear sway bar links replaced, glovebox sag repaired, rearview mirror repaired
- April 2020: Brake fluid flush, transmission fluid change, oil level sensor replaced, air filters replaced, front sway bar links replaced
- March 2020: Four Pirelli P Zero Nero GT tires installed
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Owner's manuals
- Factory cargo compartment cover
- Tonneau cover
The seller acquired this M Roadster in March 2020 and has added approximately 1,500 miles since then, reportedly from the original owner.
The seller reports this M Roadster has been mainly serviced at BMW dealers.