For Sale: 1999 BMW M Roadster (Z3M)
* Mileage: 81,230 miles
* Price: $15,875
It’s time for us to share our M Roadster with a new owner. We bought the roadster from a neighbor here in Mill Valley, California - he’s an older gentleman who owned the car for 17 years (since 2003). We bought the car as a toy in March 2020, but with return-to-office and some family health issues, I haven’t found the time to tinker with it as much as I hoped. Yes, we’ve only put ~200 miles on the car in a year and a half.
It’s a well optioned, low mileage ‘driver’ ready for a new home. This is a car you can feel proud bringing to shows, while also not being afraid to drive it. The roadster has been a California car since new and has never seen snow or salted roads. Aside from the (VIN matching) OEM bumpers being professionally resprayed due minor parking incidents, the car has never been involved in an accident - happy to share the VIN report with prospective buyers. Original and matching VIN tags are present everywhere (fenders, doors, etc.) they should be. The roadster has never been modified in any way - it’s stock through and through.
The roadster recently had a full 250+ point post-purchase inspection done at Masters European, a well known independent BMW shop here in the Bay Area - rear subframe, motor, clutch, transmission, and suspension all passed with flying colors. Any minor repairs that were noted have been fully addressed.
The car has all of its original tools in the trunk. We also have maintenance records that will come with the car. The roadster comes with a number of rare OEM accessories.
Options and accessories:
- Factory hardtop with black headliner
- Heated and power seats
- S52 engine paired with a 5 speed ZF manual transmission
- Arctic Silver exterior / Black Nappa leather interior
- BMW Business CD player and HK sound system
- BMW Z3M car cover
- BMW convertible rear window cover
- BMW soft convertible boot cover
Clean and tidy - it’s obviously not a new vehicle, but the roadster and its paint present very well. The car shows it’s been cared for and always covered if stored outside.
The wheels were recently refinished - there’s no curb rash. Minor door dings were pulled by one the top PDR technicians in the Bay Area - the body panels are straight. Aside from a few light scratches from installing/removing the hard top over the years, the body is free of any noteworthy damage.
The front and rear bumpers, and hood were recently touched up and re-cleared by a top tier body shop to take care of any rock chips or parking marks. Panels have their original, matching VIN numbers.
The factory hardtop has a very nice black headliner, which also dampens noise while driving. A brand new soft top was installed a few weeks ago - it’s perfect with no fogging, cracks, or leaks.
Recent exterior maintenance and new parts include:
- New convertible soft top and rear window ($1,800+)
- Reconditioned brake calipers
- Reconditioned wheels
- New BMW center caps
- New BMW hood badge
- New BMW trunk badge
- New M emblems (rear and side badges)
- New antenna grommet and seal
- Reconditioned and polished headlights
- New rear license plate lights
- Front and rear bumpers, hood refinished to remove any noticeable marks
Very nice overall. No stains, rips, or tears. As with many Z3M’s, the windows work but are on the slower side - the tracks could be greased to solve this.
Recent interior maintenance and new parts include:
- New leather shift boot
- New leather emergency brake boot
- New OEM shifter center console
- New OEM lighted M shift knob
- Replaced footrest and kick panel speaker grill
- Rebuilt BMW Business CD player
- Replaced HK amplifier
- New HVAC dash vent covers
- New clock
The car needs nothing mechanically. It runs and drives as you would expect. Tires and brakes are in nice shape with plenty of life remaining. Suspension is tight with no play. As with many Z3Ms of this generation, the SRS icon is illuminated due to a faulty BMW seat plug - this is a 1-2hr DIY job and a brand new, factory replacement plug will come with the vehicle.
No subframe issues whatsoever - this was heavily inspected in the pre-purchase inspection just completed.
Recent mechanical maintenance and parts include:
- New fuel filter
- Oil and filter change (5w30 Mobil 1 fully synthetic)
- New windshield wipers
- Remanufactured windshield wiper motor
- New windshield washer fluid pump and sensor
- Coolant flush (BMW coolant)
- New radiator drain plug
- New NGK single node spark plugs
- Cleaned MAF and MAF sensor
- Four wheel alignment
The roadster’s title is clear and in-hand. Registration is current and paid through 2022.
Pickup is available in Mill Valley, CA or shipping can be arranged for an out of town buyer.
Will accept cash, bank check, BTC or ETH as a form of payment. Priced for a quick sale before it goes to Bring A Trailer.