I’m posting this here before I do on Autotrader/CarGurus/Craigslist. Am selling my 2000 M Roadster 88.8K miles, alpine white exterior, black/gray interior. $18.5K firm. Located near Seattle.
I have absolutely loved this car and owned it since 2014. It’s my 3rd M Roadster, I’ve owned both the S52s and S54s and this one is my favorite of them all. I’d always wanted an Alpine white one… maybe this will now be yours?
* Clutch/guibo/water pump/radiator/battery all replaced in the last few thousand miles. The clutch service in particular was a major one at close to $5K
* Dinan stage 4 (cold air intake, high flow throttle body/ECU programming) done in the last 10K miles. No forced induction.
* Subframe reinforced
* Clean title/clean carfax
* Upgraded stereo once the Harman Kardon paper cones bit the dust.
* New M shift knob, the old one was too worn.
* Original top is in good working condition.
* Seats in great condition with minimal wear on drivers seat bolster
* Drivers seat bushing is still good but it’s starting to go I can tell. Probably will need to be replaced in a few thousand miles.
* I haven’t fixed the glovebox sag issue.
* The plastic rear window has seen its better days. I think it’s fine but the next buyer may want to replace it.
* Minor chips in the paint appropriate for the age, touched up with bmw alpine white touch up paint
* All four Roadstars have some curb rash, some worse than others.
* The seatbelt guides are Macgyver’d with some electrical tape. They work fine with the fix.
* The Dinan upgrade for some reason causes the ABS throttle tension to code out which throws the service engine light. There’s absolutely nothing wrong and it doesn’t happen all the time, I’ve had it in a couple times but it still keeps happening. Your guess as good as mine